Follow Tim on Twitter.
In the most recent ConHomeUSA survey of committed Republicans we asked people to identify the strengths and weaknesses of Tim Pawlenty. Most of the 746 votes that were cast were registered before this week's debate. Listed below are the biggest strengths and the biggest weaknesses, as seen by the people that the former Governor of Minnesota needs to win over...
- 82% liked that... "As a Governor he refused to raise taxes"
- 81% liked... "His economic plan of lower taxes and freeze spending"
- 75% liked... "His promise to phase out ethanol subsidies"
- 73% warmed to him because... "He comes from a humble background; his father was a truck driver and he lost his mother at 16"
- 69% liked that... "He and his wife are evangelical Christians and are both socially conservative"
- "His 'time-to-tell-the-truth' campaign message" ...won the support of 68%
- 67% agreed that... "As a two-term Governor of the Democrat-leaning Minnesota he is a proven winner".
- 60% didn't like that... "At the end of his time as Governor, Minnesota was $5 billion in debt"
- 57% noted... "He wobbled on cap and trade; first supporting and then rejecting action to tackle climate change"
- 52% didn't like the suggestion that... "He is a moderate"
- 36% cooled towards him because... "He lacks charisma"
- 33% objected to the fact... "He has no healthcare plan".